We hope you all had an amazing summer and are as excited as we are about this season!!!
As classes start and we all get in to the swing of things, there are a few important points and dates to touch base on. Though not all of this information applies to everyone, majority of it does. Please read through it’s entirety and if any questions arise please email us. Here we go… happy reading:
- Make sure you are labelling all dance shoes. This way we avoid losing or accidentally swapping shoes with another student.
- The studio space is for everyone. Please respect it by putting garbage away, cleaning up after spills, washing cups used in the kitchen etc. and being conscientious and considerate of all others visiting the studio.
- Competition forms for those students interested in doing a solo/duet/trio or small group will be going out next week, September 19th to 22nd. They will also be available at the front desk; set on the top right corner in a red folder. They are due no later than FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2016. There is a mail slot on the front door if the studio is closed. This option is meant for those ready to go competitive, if you have any questions regarding this, please email Miss Genevieve, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rehearsal schedules for these students will be posted in the beginning of October.
- Measuring for costumes is being done through the lovely staff at Applause Dance & Activewear on Kingsway Ave SE. Be sure to stop in with your dancer(s) to get measured and get any last minute shopping done by FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2016.
- All Competition Fees will be invoiced in the beginning of October. These fees includes; competition registration, entry/entries, costume(s) and, for those entering in the above option for solos/duets/trios/small group, a choreography fee.
- All regular class fees have been/are to be arranged through our Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement. Any outstanding details need to be fulfilled no later than FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2016, or your account will start to accumulate late payment fees. As per the Registration Policies, signed upon registration, all over due accounts are subject to $25/month. Fees owing were made clear upon registration and broken down, if needed. We do not send out an invoices for these fees, only receipts and correspondence regarding payment required, NSFs, etc. If you are unsure, please email our office manager, Miss Whitney, at email@example.com. Please note – the EFT Agreement must be complete, in full, even if it is only for the Commitment Fee Policy.
- Receipts for dance fees are being processed and will be emailed out over the next few weeks, to the address(es) you provided us.
- MHSPA Clothing orders — information will be released over the next couple weeks.
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 10TH, 2016, no classes — fill up on turkey and quality time with family and friends, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- Halloween Week will be from Monday, October 24th, 2016 to Saturday, October 29th, 2016. This is always an exciting and fun week!
- Get cozy in your PJs for Pajama Week starting Saturday, December 17th, 2016, through to Thursday, December 22nd, 2016.
Christmas Break dates have changed. The final day of classes will be THURSDAY, DECEMBER 22ND, 2016, and classes will begin again in the new year on SATURDAY, JANUARY 7TH, 2017. Please be sure to make note of these dates.
Save our website as a one of your favourites, www.mhspa.ca! It is always a great resource for important dates, our newsletter emails (like this one , the current schedule, reading about our instructors and other fun things!
Reminder - All important information will be sent through our operating system. If you choose to opt out of our mass email list you will miss out on important information. You can still check the website, www.mhspa.ca, or postings on the information board in the front entrance of the studio. However, I would strongly suggest using this option to stay informed. Please notify us if you would like to change the email address we have linked to your account.
This is shaping up to be another great dance year and we look forward to the ongoing growth of our students! To all our new and returning students…..Welcome!!!
Miss Whitney & MHSPA